The Hotel Barcelona Princess true to its mission, vision and values acquires a commitment to sustainability and respect for the environment. This commitment is based on the following principles:
- Determine own environmental aspects of the activity, assess its extent and impacts resulting from them. Review them periodically to incorporate new activities or those that have undergone substantial changes.
- Ensure compliance with applicable legal requirements and other signed by the organization.
- Preventing pollution and saving natural resources, maintaining the quality standards required.
- Define objectives and sustainable environmental goals and that demonstrate the continuous improvement of the organization.
- Raise staff and customers towards greater sustainability. Facilitate their participation, to minimize the environmental impact of our activity.
This policy has been made known to all staff working in the organization and is available to the public.
Since 2006 Hotel Barcelona Princess commitment to implement the ISO 14001: 2008 on environmental management, and their annual reviews.
Since January 2014 the Barcelona Princess Hotel has been EMAS registered. We are especially proud of this recognition, which demonstrates our organisation’s environmental awareness.
What is the EMAS?
EMAS is the acronym for the Eco-Management and Audit Scheme, a management tool for companies and organisations with voluntary membership that makes it possible to assess, improve and publicise their environmental performance.
This management system is regulated by EU Regulation No. 1221/2009 of 25th November 2009, known as EMAS III.
EMAS registered organisations are recognised throughout the European Union by this logo and a registration number that guarantees the veracity of the environmental information they provide. The Barcelona Princess Hotel has an established environmental management system in accordance with EMAS requirements, registration number ES-CAT-000420.
Your eco-friendly stay starts here.
Hotel Barcelona Princess is a Tripadvisor Gold GreenLeader thanks to our commitment to eco-friendly measures and green practices like recycling and using local and fair-trade food.
TripAdvisor’s GreenLeaders program looks at a hotel’s green practices and classifies it in one of four categories: Bronze, Silver, Gold and Platinum. They look at a wide range of eco-friendly practices, from re-using bed linen and towels to recycling waste, energy efficiency and informing staff and guests of said environmental practices, among other things. The greater the impact of a property’s green practices, the higher their status in the Tripadvisor GreenLeaders program.
Learn about all the green practices at Hotel Barcelona Princess.